2013 has been a big year for both me and Wilfred, lots of ups and downs but the one thing I realise about this year, is that it is the year I became a POSITIVE person. I am immensely proud of that and look forward to the journey continuing. I also found two awesome new hobbies - both of which I love and have met some amazing people - Geocaching and Project Life, both very different but lots of fun. For a quick wrap up of my year, I am going to steal a friends idea and give you my Top 5's....thank you Eileen over at Touchwood Design. (anyone need cushions - she is your girl!)
My Top 5 achievements this year:
- Re-affirming with Wilfred that I will always be here for him, will always be his mother, will never give up on him and this will always be home for him....and loving the comfort he gets from that.
- Representing myself in Family Court....even managing to speak coherently.
- Surviving on basically no income for a couple of months...and going from that to my dream job with a fabulousy bright future, where I learn and am challenged every day.
- Being happy.
- Creating beautiful things - quilts, photos and other things.
Top 5 things I most love about Wilfred:
- He is such a kind and compassionate child - despite the crap he has had in his short life.
- When he watches funny movies he LAUGHS..openly and outloud and often other people start laughing with him.
- He always tries hard in school and does his best.
- He treasures what he has and looks after everything.
- He loves me....and when he calls me Mum my heart melts everytime, still.
Most influential people in my life this year...and why (in no particular order):
- Simon Pattison - the nicest, most generous Lawyer in the world, who has become a lifelong friend and someone whose kindness I will never be able to repay. (You can find him at Pattison Law if the need ever arises for a Lawyer)
- Peter Floyd - just a nice person, who is very wise and giving of his time, I can learn a lot from you about conquering goals.
- Ben Tyler - who from the moment I started my job has encouraged me, and answered a million and one questions and explained things..sometimes with lots of patience.
- Fleur O'R - you have an amazing life and I will always be grateful to you for your support in so many ways.
- To all my Facebook friends and family - who have listened to me rant and rave, propped me up with kind comments, kept me company when lonely, shared our lives with and most of all for the love and support you give both me and my little boy. xoxo (oh and ummmmm tolerated my Crazy Cat Lady Posts)
- Underwater - diving.
- Anywhere with my boy and water - swimming, beach, pool, snorkeling.
- Having breakfast out - in a nice coffee shop - with coffee!
- Green Mountains - it will always be home to me.
Looking forward to 2014:
- Concentrate more on me - health, finances, career and relaxation.
- Travel more with Wilfred - show him this beautiful country.
- Establish The Wilfred Foundation - to help other people facing the battles I have faced.
- Dive, dive, dive and dive...here and overseas sometime this year.
- Finish my study - two diplomas and then MAYBE Law School.
- Expand my quilting - teach more, develop my facebook group and connect more with all my quilting pals!