Sunday 6 January 2013

Etsy is up and running...

Very exciting news today, I have spent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks revamping my quilt patterns. These are quilts I have designed and written patterns for over the last ten years or so. Excuse the modesty, but I am very good at writing very detailed step-by-step instructions with lots of detailed pictures. Everyone can follow them - even total beginners.

I also taught an 'online' mystery quilt over the weekend which has made me realise how much I LOVE teaching patchwork and quilting - watching everyone chose different fabrics and seeing quilts come together that are from the same pattern but the quilts are all very individual.

HINT: To make sure you don't miss anything, why not subscribe to my BLOG - you can join either with google connect or subscribe via email - both are on write hand side.  ------>>>>>>>>

So, this is where my future lies - designing patterns, teaching classes and eventually writing a book and hopefully more.

Benefits of using my patterns:

  • Very detailed step-by-step instructions with lots of color diagrams and photos and using a font you can see clearly
  • Patterns are written by me and I have over 15 years experience writing patterns
  • You can get help direct from the designer (me) when you need it
  • Patterns include suggestions for chosing colours and what not to chose, some samples of other quilts made with that pattern (when available) and small details such as which way to press seams.
  • You can participate in Row-by-Row and Beginners classes from anywhere in the world as the directions will be emailed to you.
  • Join the facebook group and share your pictures and progress with others doing the same class.
***Pretend there is Drumroll music here***

Today, now at this point, two things are officially launched:

1. My first online classes - Flutterby Sue, Beginners Patchwork and a Mystery Quilt

2. Launching my Etsy shop where you can find the classes, all my patterns and quilts.

First classes will commence on 1st February 2013 (giving me time to post the big diagrams to you) however you can join at any time after that.

Flutterby Sue Row-by-Row: 
One of my favourite quilts ever and most popular classes. We will make one row of this quilt each month from February to November 2013. This quilt is easy to choose colours for and you will learn heaps of new techniques. For each technique there is a 'How to' reference sheet included, these will become a handy ready reference tool for you.

Class is $35 total (that is $3.50 per month)
enter the code Welcome15 to get 15% off your order 
(valid for January 2013 only) 

Beginners Patchwork: 
For those of you just starting out we will make this sampler quilt, both hand and machine techniques are included and I also cover topics such as products you need, where to buy, quilting your tops and lots more. Even if you have made a few quilts, this is a great class for you to perfect your skills and learn some new hints and tips.


Class is $35 total 
enter the code Welcome15 to get 15% off your order 
(valid for January 2013 only) 

Mystery Quilt: 
This is a MYSTERY QUILT class in which you will make a double bed size quilt. This class is tons of fun as you will be given a requirements list, but don't know what you will be making until the end. This is a stunning quilt that is easy for beginners (that have made at least one quilt) to advanced. If you want a bigger quilt, it is easy at the end to just make some more blocks.

 
Class is $25 total 
enter the code Welcome15 to get 15% off your order 
(valid for January 2013 only) 

There are lots more patterns and quilts being loaded 
into my Etsy Store today and tomorrow. 

OPENING SPECIAL
To kick start my store, anyone that orders in the next 14 days (ends midnight 20 January) will also receive a FREE pattern called Geometric Stack and Slash - this quilt is very easy and a great one for 'themed' quilts or gifts. Layer a pile of fat quarters, rotate some piles and sew them back together. How easy is that? I have made it for a soccer fan, wedding present and just for fun! Hurry - only available while stocks last.


You will have noticed above, for the month of January only there will be 15% off all items in my Etsy Store.

Bye for Now - hope you are all as excited as I am!

Kylie xo



1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Sounds like you'll be a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete